Wednesday, November 11, 2009

yesterday I thought "why not take some strides towards being a professional artist" So I studied my " general career-advise" books again (Children's Writers and Illustrators Market, and Artists and Graphic Designers Market). I decided on 2 things
SCBWI and Artdealineslist. The membership to the 1st is $75 for a year. No thanks until I am making more.... Artdealineslist was $24 to subscribe for a year and I HAVE enjoyed the gallery shows I've been in so far. What I got was to be redirected to a blog which I guess is updated with lists. Did I have to pay to see that blog? I did a google search for the blog, found nothing other than the other page that one goes to to subscribe. But couldn't I find it now I have the URL? How do they know its me, or is it just that I know where to find it now? Do I get more than in the "free" email subscription version? Plus, dont read the guys blog blog. He seems like a little, sarcastic , sort of dirty man. Nothing is wrong with being sarcastic but when one posts a letter from a subscriber/proscective subscriber, with ones sarcastic responses interjected, thats a bit to cheeky for someone like me who just PAID to be redirected to a ........blog..........

So my Assessment is that we will see, though I can't really tell if I HAVE actually been bamboozled or not......... yeah we (everyone who listened to anything online or in print) all just paid for a freaking link......grrrrrr!!!!! Oh well..............

No comments: