Sunday, September 6, 2009

I put my Etsy Shop on vacation today. I felt I needed to. The fact is, I was not selling anything, and I did not have a wide array of products. I felt that I was beginning think about making stuff so that it might sell rather than just making art for arts sake or for myself. I didn't like that. So I decided to shut it down for a bit while I focus on just making art to share and such. I think I will still keep zazzle, though no one goes there either , but its different I suppose because all I'm doing is putting my images on stuff there. With etsy I had frustration with my pictures, the stuff was handmade so there was more of a sense of failure when things didn't sell, I think. More of a sense that I was laboring to make something personal just to get money. And the prolonged disappointment of not being noticed. And the more I did that the more I felt a loss in value in what I was making.
Of course I will still take custom orders through etsy, If anyone ever wants a custom order.

No comments: